New York rump with marsala mushroom sauce
A New York cut of rump is rump steak that is cut thickly, ideally about 3cm. It can be served in one piece or sliced.
- Crush garlic, peel and chop finely. Wipe mushrooms clean and slice finely.
- Heat butter in a small saucepan. Add garlic and mushrooms. Cook for three four minutes.
- Add stock and boil for three minutes. Add marsala and simmer until reduced by half.
- Add salt, pepper and parsley then remove from heat.
- Grill New york cut rump steak to preferred taste, turning once.
- Serve steak with mushroom sauce.