Cranberry raisin cake
Inspired by boiled fruit cake
- Place sultanas, cranberries, butter, brown sugar and orange juice into a saucepan.
- Heat, stirring until boiling. Reduce heat and simmer for four minutes. Stir in cranberry sauce. Leave to cool.
- Beat in eggs. Sift over flour and baking powder and combine well. Spoon into a baking paper bottom-lined 20cm round cake tin.
- Bake at 150 degC for 1 3/4 to 2 hours or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in tin before turning out on to a cake rack.