Orange panna cotta with strawberry orange salsa
( SERVES 8 )
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|2 tsp||Oranges, gratted rind|
Strawberry orange Salsa
- Place milk, cream, caster sugar, vanilla and orange rind in a saucepan.
- Slowly bring to the boil, stirring often. Sprinkle gelatine over water in a heat-proof bowl.
- Leave to swell for five minutes. Microwave gelatine on high for 10 to 15 seconds or until gelatine is liquid.
- Stir into hot milk mixture. Pour mixture into eight half-cup-capacity cups or ramekins.
- Cool and refrigerate until set. Serve with orange and strawberry salsa.
- Strawberry orange Salsa: Instead of chopping orange rind finely for the salsa, use a zester to make thin rind strips before peeling the orange.
- Hull strawberries and cut into quarters. Peel orange, reserving a 5cm piece of skin.
- Chop orange flesh roughly. Combine strawberries, orange, sugar and orange juice. Slice reserved orange rind up very finely.
- Stir into strawberry mixture.