Potato gnocchi with saute of peas, broad beans and sage
The peas and broad beans are sautéed with sage in butter. With a bit of kneading, you can make your own potato gnocchi - which will delight your family or dinner guests.
|500 g||Agria potatoes|
|1 tsp||Iodised salt|
|1 to taste||Black pepper, freshly ground|
|100 g||Parmesan cheese|
Saute of peas, broad beans and sage
- Peel agria potatoes and cut into even-sized pieces. Cook in boiling, salted water for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and mash with butter, egg, salt and pepper. Add one cup of flour and knead to a soft, manageable dough.
- Measure tablespoons of mixture and create the gnocchi shape using remaining flour to help form ovals.
- Fill a large, deep-sided frying pan with salted water. Bring to the boil.
- Add gnocchi to the pan in batches. Allow gnocchi to rise to the surface. Cook a further three minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a warm serving dish.
- Pour over sauté of peas, broad beans and sage and serve with shaved Parmesan.
Saute of Peas, Broad Beans and Sage
- Thaw frozen broad beans and remove skins. Mix with peas. Peel onion and chop finely. Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add onion and cook for one minute, stirring often.
- Add beans, peas, chopped sundried tomatoes and sage leaves.
- Cook covered over a gentle heat for five minutes. Add salt and pepper.