Wholemeal pizza with eggplant
( SERVES 6 )
It's easy to make this a dairy-free pizza by using goat or sheep's feta.
- Slice eggplant thinly. Brush with oil. Place on an oven tray and bake at 200 degrees C for 10 minutes.
- Place flour (suitable for bread-making), wholemeal flour, gluten flour, yeast and salt in a bowl. Add oil and water and mix to a soft dough. Knead on a floured board for 10 minutes. Roll out to a 27cm circle.
- Place dough on a hot pizza stone or baking tray. Spread dough with tomato paste.
- Place eggplant slices on top. Drain sun-dried tomatoes, reserving one tablespoon of oil. Chop tomatoes finely and scatter over base. Crumble cheese on top and drizzle with reserved oil.
- Bake at 220 degrees C for 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.