Bacon, Cheese and Onion Croquettes
( SERVES 8 )
- Place fresh, soft breadcrumbs in a bowl. Wash spring onions and slice finely. Add to breadcrumbs with mozzarella(grated). Remove rind and any fat from bacon.
- Chop bacon roughly. Add to breadcrumb mixture with salt and pepper. Combine.
- Measure out ¼ cupfuls of mixture and shape into croquettes. Place dried breadcrumbs on a piece of greaseproof paper.
- Beat egg and water together. Dip croquettes in egg mixture and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil and butter in a frying pan and cook for five to eight minutes, turning to brown all sides. Serve with relish and salad.