Lamb shanks with chilli and tomatoes
- Peel onions and cut into quarters. Crush garlic and peel.
- Heat oil in a large heatproof casserole or frying pan and brown lamb shanks on all sides. Remove from pan. Add onion, garlic and paprika and cook for one to two minutes. Return lamb shanks to casserole.
- Cut chilli in half lengthways, remove seeds and chop chilli finely. Add to casserole with tomatoes, wine, thyme, salt and pepper. Cover and bake at 160 degC for two hours.
- Remove lid, add olives and stir through. Serve with chopped parsley.
- For a thicker sauce, mix one tablespoon of cornflour and two tablespoons of water together. Stir into tomato mixture and cook uncovered a further 10 minutes.