Lemon ricotta brownie
Important - please note we used a large roasting pan. Any extra freezes well. You really do need the salt as you are using unsalted butter. If you only have salted butter, reduce the added salt down to a generous pinch.
- Beat ricotta cheese, sugar, 2 eggs and lemon juice and zest together. Set aside.
- Melt butter and cooking chocolate together, mix in nuts and sultanas, then set aside to cool.
- Beat remaining 5 eggs and sugar together, add to chocolate mixture, then add dry ingredients.
- Spread chocolate mixture into a greased baking dish 39cm long, 26cm wide and 5cm deep.
- Pour the ricotta mixture on top and bake at 175 degC for 40 to 45 minutes.
Note: The brownie should feel firm on top. Do not bake until dry. Cool, then cut. Store in fridge.