Pink coconut ice cakes
Makes 6 large cup-sized cakes or 12 regular muffin-sized cakes
|125 g||Butter, softened|
|¾ cup||Caster sugar|
|1 tsp||Essence, raspberry or strawberry|
|½ cup||Desiccated coconut|
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
|½ cup||Yoghurt, or milk|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Spray six large cup-sized paper cases or a standard 12 hole muffin tray with nonstick baking spray.
- Beat the butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add the eggs and raspberry essence.
- As lightly as possible, beat in the flour, coconut and baking powder with the yoghurt.
- Divide mixture between the prepared cases or muffin tins and bake for 20 to 25 minutes until firm and golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack and ice when cold. Icing Place butter and water in a microwave-proof bowl and microwave until butter melts.
- Add a couple of drops of pink food colouring then beat in the icing sugar until a smooth spreadable consistency.
- Ice the cakes, decorating with pink jelly beans and sugar crystals or coconut.