Ham and vegetable soup with mustard croutons
|210 g||Vegetable soup mix|
|1 cup||Green split peas|
|¼ cup||Fresh parsley|
- Place vegetable soup mix, bacon hock, split peas and water in a large saucepan. Bring to the boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer for one to 1.5 hours or until soup thickens. Stir occasionally.
- Remove hock from soup and cut meat off bone. Return meat to soup.
- Sprinkle mint and parsley over soup and serve with mustard croutons.
- For the mustard croutons - cut French stick in half lengthways and spread cut surface with mustard. Cut each half into two lengthways strips and then into 2cm pieces. Place on a baking tray. Spray or brush with oil. Bake at 180C for 20 minutes or until crisp.