Hot bean and bacon salad
Defrost both bags of beans. Split the grey cover of the broad beans with your fingernail and pop out the bright-green inner beans.
- Defrost both bags of beans.
- Split the grey cover of the broad beans with your fingernail and pop out the bright-green inner beans.
- Mix both beans in a microwave-proof dish. Microwave for five to six minutes.
- Mix juice and grated rind of 2 lemons, olive oil, dark cane sugar, salt and pepper in a screw-top jar.
- Take the rindless streaky bacon, snip into small pieces with scissors. Pan-fry the bacon pieces until crisp. Drain on a paper towel.
- Toss the hot beans, dressing and crispy bacon together and serve.
Note: The bacon can be omitted for vegetarians.