Warm Chocolate Crumble Pear Cake
|½ cup||Cocoa powder|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
- Place rolled oats, flour, brown sugar and mixed spice in a bowl. Chop butter up finely and rub, with fingertips, into flour mixture.
- Line the base of a 23cm square cake tin with baking paper. Sprinkle flour mixture over the base of the tin. Peel pears, cut into quarters and remove pips. Cut each quarter in half lengthways. Place pear pieces over crumble mixture. Pour over chocolate topping.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 40 to 45 minutes. Serve with chocolate custard.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Stir in cocoa, sugar and eggs. Sift over flour and baking powder. Stir to combine with vanilla.
- Mix custard and chocolate sauce together.