Mushroom and thyme omelette
|1 clove||Fresh garlic|
|¼ cup||Beef stock|
|½ tsp||Iodised salt|
|1||Freshly ground black pepper, to season|
- Crush garlic, peel and chop finely. Wipe mushrooms and slice finely.
- Heat butter in a frying pan. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook for one to two minutes. Add beef stock, sherry, salt and pepper.
- Cook until liquid is reduced by half. Remove mushrooms to a heatproof bowl. Wipe pan before cooking omelette.
- Separate eggs. Beat egg yolks and water to just combine. Stir in thyme, salt and pepper. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into egg yolk mixture.
- Melt butter in a frying pan and cook egg mixture until just cooked on the edges but still slightly runny in the middle.
- Place mushroom mixture down the middle of the omelette. Fold over sides to cover mixture and gently slide onto a warm plate.