Berry chocolate puddings
( SERVES 4 )
Berries and chocolate are a flavour combination made in heaven and these puddings are certain to impress your dinner party guests.
- Thaw berries and mix with jam. Place berry mixture in the base of four, one cup-capacity ramekins. Melt butter and stir in sugar.
- Beat egg and stir into butter mixture. Sift over cocoa, flour and baking powder. Stir to combine with vanilla and milk. Spoon batter over berries.
- Place a piece of baking paper and a piece of foil over each ramekin. Tie securely with string.
- Place a trivet or inverted plate in the base of a saucepan large enough to hold the ramekins. Sit ramekins on the trivet. Pour boiling water to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Cover the saucepan with a lid. Bring to the boil and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Carefully remove ramekins and turn puddings on to plates. Serve with cream.