Cranberry prosciutto chicken with whisky orange sauce
( SERVES 2 )
2 skinned and boned chicken breasts ½ cup dried cranberries 2 teaspoons grated orange rind 2 tablespoons whisky 4 slices prosciutto Cut a pocket in the side of each chicken breast. Mix cranberries,
|2||Chicken breasts, skinned and boned|
|½ cup||Dried cranberries|
|2 Tbsp||Oranges, grated rind|
Whisky orange sauce
- Cut a pocket in the side of each chicken breast. Mix cranberries, orange rind and whisky together.
- Fill each pocket with mixture. Wrap prosciutto slices around each breast.
- Bake at 180 degC for 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked. Serve with mashed parsnip or kumara and whisky orange sauce.
- Whisky orange sauce: Peel onion and chop finely. Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add onion and cook for two to three minutes or until soft. Add thyme leaves and whisky.
- Cook a further two minutes. Add orange juice, salt and pepper and simmer until reduced by half.