Virginia's Concorde Gateaux
- Separate eggs, reserving yolks for mousse. Place egg whites in a clean dry bowl. Beat whites until stiff. Gradually add castor sugar, beating until sugar dissolves and mixture forms peaks. Sift icing sugar and cocoa together. Fold gently into meringue mixture.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper. Draw eight 9cm circles on the paper. Spread a ¼-cup of meringue over each circle. Line a second oven tray with baking paper and place teaspoonfuls of meringue on this.
- Bake at 150 degrees C for one hour. Turn off oven and leave meringues in oven until cold. Peel paper away from meringues. Place one meringue on a serving plate. Spread top with two tablespoons of mousse. Top with baby meringues, raspberries and chocolate sauce.
- Place chocolate and butter in a saucepan and gently melt. Add egg yolks and combine well. Whip cream until stiff peaks form. Fold cream through chocolate mixture.
- Place mixture in the fridge until firm.