Spiced pumpkin and potatoes with aïoli and yoghurt sauce
( SERVES 4 )
|1 tsp||Chilli flakes, dried|
|2 tsp||Yellow mustard seeds|
|1 tsp||Cumin seeds|
|1 tsp||Ground turmeric|
|1 tsp||Celery salt|
|1 tsp||Ground coriander|
|1 tsp||Garam masala|
Aïoli and yoghurt sauce
To prepare spiced pumpkin and potatoes:
- Place chilli flakes, mustard and cumin seeds, celery salt, turmeric, coriander and garam masala in a small saucepan or frying pan.
- Heat until spices smell fragrant. Remove from heat. Wash potatoes and cut in half. Peel pumpkin, remove seeds and cut into 4cm pieces.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil.
- Cook potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes then add pumpkin and cook for a further five minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
- Drain. Melt butter. Add spices and pour over vegetables, tossing to coat. Serve warm with aïoli and yoghurt sauce.
To prepare aïoli and yoghurt sauce:
- Mix yoghurt and aïoli together.