Apple, Cinnamon and Clove Brownies
Brownies take on a new meaning with this apple, cinnamon and clove combination. Delicious for morning or afternoon tea.
- Soften butter and beat in brown sugar with cinnamon and cloves.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Sift over flour, baking powder and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- Peel apples, remove cores and cut apples into chunks. Stir into flour mixture.
- Line the base of an 18 x 27cm brownie tin with baking paper and pour in mixture.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 35 to 40 minutes. Serve warm or cold.