Crisp pumpkin cakes with spinach chickpea curry
- Peel pumpkin, remove seeds and cut pumpkin into chunks.
- Cook in boiling salted water for 15 minutes or until cooked. Drain well.
- Return to saucepan. Add peanut butter, cumin, one teaspoon of salt, plus pepper. mash. Form half-cupfuls of mixture into patties.
- Beat egg. Dip patties in egg and roll in rice flour. Refrigerate. Peel onion and chop finely.
- Heat a saucepan with two tablespoons of oil.
- Add onion and green curry paste. Cook for two minutes, stirring often.
- Drain chickpeas. Add chickpeas with coconut cream, spinach, one teaspoon of salt, plus pepper.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Heat remaining oil in a frying pan and cook pumpkin cakes until crisp on both sides. Chop tomatoes roughly.
- Serve with chickpea-and-spinach curry and top with chopped tomato.