Rich tuscan tomato soup with cheese croutons
( SERVES 4 )
1 onion 2 cloves garlic 25g butter 1 teaspoon dried basil 1 teaspoon dried oregano 39g packet oxtail soup 400g can Italian seasoned tomatoes 400g can diced tomatoes in juice 2 cups water ¼ cup chopped
|1 tsp||Dried basil|
|1 tsp||Dried oregano|
|39 g||Oxtail soup mix|
|400 g||Italian seasoned tomatoes|
|400 g||Diced tomatoes|
|¼ cup||Sundried tomatoes|
|400 g||Cannellini beans|
- Peel onion and chop finely. Crush garlic, peel and chop finely.
- Heat butter in a large saucepan. Add onion, garlic, basil and oregano. Cook for one to two minutes, stirring often.
- Add oxtail soup, Italian and diced tomatoes and water. Bring to the boil, stirring often.
- Add chopped sundried tomatoes and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Drain beans, rinse and add to soup.
- To make cheese croutons - cut bread into large cubes. Place on a baking tray and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 200C for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.
- Serve soup with cheese croutons.