Roast peach duck beasts with apricot sauce
Duck breasts are available from most supermarkets or you can make these with chicken breasts if preferred. 2 duck breasts 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage 3 dried peach halves 1 tablespoon honey 1 tablespoon
- Place duck breasts, skin side down, on a board. Sprinkle over first measure of sage.
- Chop dried peache halves up roughly and place over duck breasts. Roll up breasts and tie with string to keep in shape.
- Prick over skin with a skewer. Brush with honey and balsamic vinegar. Place in a baking dish.
- Peel shallots and chop roughly. Place around duck breasts. Bake at 200 degrees C for 30 to 35 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove breasts to a heatproof dish. Cover with foil and keep warm.
- Drain apricots, reserving juice, and chop in half. Place roasting dish on top of stove and add apricots and juice, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil. Cook until apricots are hot. Stir through second measure of sage. Serve with roast potatoes.