New season asparagus in puff pastry with lemon hollandaise
- Preheat oven to 200 degC. Spray an oven tray with nonstick baking spray.
- Brush one sheet of pastry with water and firmly press on the other sheet, crimping down to press them together.
- Cut into six rectangles, each about the size of a Weet-Bix. Brush the top with egg yolk wash (whisked together with 1 teaspoon of water) and score lines with the back of a knife.
- Bake for 15 minutes until puffed and golden. Remove from oven and split open to allow steam to escape.
- Boil trimmed asparagus until just tender. Drain and lie on the pastry base. Whisk lemon rind and juice into the prepared hollandaise.
- Drizzle over the asparagus and place on the pastry top. Serve warm.