Potato cakes with bacon and tomato salsa
2 large potatoes 1 cup frozen peas 1 cup grated tasty cheese 4 rashers bacon ¼ cup flour 2 tablespoons oil Salad greens Peel potatoes and cut into even-sized pieces. Place in a saucepan of boiling
|1 cup||Tasty cheese, grated|
|1 cup||Frozen peas|
|1 to serve||Salad greens|
- Peel potatoes and cut into even-sized pieces.
- Place in a saucepan of boiling salted water. Boil until potatoes feel soft when pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Add peas to water and simmer for a further five minutes. Drain well.
- Add cheese to potato mixture and mash well. When cool enough to handle, shape half-cupfuls of mixture into patties.
- Refrigerate until ready to cook. Grill bacon until crisp. Roll potato cakes in flour.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook cakes on both sides until golden.
- Serve with salad greens, grilled bacon and tomato salsa.
- Tomato salsa: Wash tomatoes, cut in half and remove cores. Chop tomatoes finely.
- Wash spring onions and chop finely. Add to tomatoes.