Coconut and chocolate pudding
|¾ cup||Desiccated coconut|
|1 cup||Coconut cream|
|½ cup||Brown sugar|
|2 Tbsp||Golden syrup|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|¼ cup||Cocoa powder|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
Toasted coconut ice-cream
- Mix coconut and sugar together and place over the base of an 18 x 22cm ovenproof dish. Mix coconut cream and coconut essence together and pour over coconut.
- Stir to combine. oelt butter in a saucepan. Stir in sugar and golden syrup. Allow to cool.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla essence. Sift over cocoa, flour and baking powder. Stir in milk.
- Spoon batter over coconut mixture.
- Bake at 180 degC for 50 minutes. Serve with toasted coconut ice-cream.
- To make ice-cream - Soften ice-cream and add coconut essence and toasted coconut. Combine and refreeze.