Egg and tomato tarts
( SERVES 4 )
- Cut crusts off bread and press bread slices on to the base and sides of four large muffin cups.
- Brush bread with oil or spray bread with oil. Bake at 180 degrees C for 10 minutes or until bread is crisp.
- Cut rind off bacon and cut bacon into 4cm strips. Wash tomatoes. Grill bacon and tomatoes until bacon is crisp.
- Beat eggs, salt, pepper and milk together in a saucepan until just combined. Cook over a medium heat, stirring gently. Cook until egg is just set. Place a teaspoon of tomato relish in the base of each bread case.
- Top with egg mixture, tomato and bacon pieces. Serve immediately with a salad.