Maori potato, bacon and watercress salad
You will now find Maori potatoes at most green grocers. 1kg Maori potatoes, Huakaroro variety 6 rashers bacon 4 spring onions 3 oranges 1 bunch watercress 100g packet rocket Scrub potatoes and cut in
- Scrub potatoes and cut in half.
- Cook in boiling, salted water for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Cook bacon in a frypan until crisp. Drain on kitchen paper. Cut bacon into even-size pieces.
- Wash spring onions and chop finely on the diagonal.
- Grate one tablespoon of rind from an orange and reserve for the dressing. Peel oranges, removing white pith, and cut into segments.
- Mix potatoes, bacon, spring onions and oranges together with watercress, rocket and dressing.