Fennel seed cheese log
|25 g||Butter, melted|
|½ Tbsp||Fennel seeds|
|½ tsp||Dry mixed herbs|
|½ tsp||Garlic, crushed|
|125 g||Cream cheese|
|2 cups||Tasty cheese, grated|
|1 cup||Gruyere cheese|
|3 Tbsp||Spring onions, finley chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Aioli, garlic flavoured or mayonnaise|
|24 pieces||Multigrain bread, crusts removed, approx 2cm x 5cm|
|¼ cup||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 Tbsp||Dry mixed herbs|
|2 tsp||Sea salt|
- Heat butter in pan and gently cook fennel seeds for 5 to 10 minutes, then allow to cool.
- In a bowl, mix all the other ingredients together and add fennel seeds. Combine well.
- Roll and press into two log shapes 30cm long, 4cm wide and 3cm high.
- Cover in plastic wrap and place in fridge for 2 to 3 hours before serving with crackers
To prepare crostini:
- Brush bread with olive oil. Sprinkle with dried herbs and salt.
- Fan bake 10 to 15 minutes at 180C until golden brown.