Roast tomato and onion tart
( SERVES 4 )
- Line the base and sides of a 23cm square tart tin with pastry. Prick over the base with a fork and chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 200 degC for 15 minutes or until cooked and golden. Peel red onions and cut into 2cm-thick slices.
- Wash tomatoes and cut into 2cm-thick slices. Place red onions and tomatoes in a baking dish.
- Drizzle over olive oil. Bake at 220 degrees C for 20 minutes. Wash vine tomatoes and add to baking dish.
- Cook until tomatoes start to split and wrinkle. Spread pesto over pastry base.
- Arrange onion and tomato slices over pesto with vine tomatoes and basil leaves on top.