Curried vegetable balls with tomato and spinach sauce
( SERVES 4 )
Use potato and cannellini beans to make vegetable balls.
- Peel medium potatoes and cut into even-sized pieces. Cook in boiling, salted water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
- Drain and wash the cannellini beans and add to potatoes with crushed chilli, crushed ginger and chopped fresh coriander.
- Mash the mixture well and roll tablespoon lots into balls. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat 25g of butter in a saucepan and cook onion and garlic with curry powder for one to two minutes. Add tomatoes and simmer for five minutes.
- Heat remaining butter in a saucepan. Roll vegetable balls in rice flour. Cook balls, in batches, moving often to brown on all sides.
- Stir baby spinach through tomato mixture and serve over potato balls.