Gin-marinated strawberries with pistachio lime wafers
( SERVES 30 )
Pastachio lime wafers
- For the strawberries: Wash strawberries and hull. Place in a bowl. Sprinkle over sugar and 1 tablespoon of lime rind.
- Pour over gin. marinate, covered for 30 minutes. Serve with pistachio lime wafers.
- For the wafers: Melt butter and leave to cool. Beat 2 egg whites until stiff. Add sugar and beat well. Stir in butter until combined.
- Sift flour and add to egg whites with 2 tsp lime rind and finely chopped pistachio nuts.
- Place teaspoonfuls of mixture on a baking-paper lined oven tray and flatten with the back of a spoon to a 6cm diameter circle.
- Bake at 160 degrees C for eight to 10 minutes or until light golden.