Filo fruit roll
( SERVES 8 )
Raisins, figs and currants give this recipe a lovely sweetness which is beautifully married up with wintery spices cinnamon and mixed spice. Easy and delicious.
- Place a sheet of filo pastry on a board.
- Mix breadcrumbs and cinnamon together. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture between filo sheets, layering as you go.
- Place fruit mixture on the centre of the pastry sheets. Wrap filo around fruit mixture, tucking in ends.
- Place filo bundle seam-side down on an oven tray. Spray lightly with oil. Bake at 200 degrees C for 20 minutes. Stand for five to 10 minutes before cutting.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with vanilla yoghurt.
- Place figs, raisins, currants and mixed spice in a food processor and pulse to combine.