Italian lamb and pork terrine
( SERVES 8 )
- Wash eggplant and cut lengthways into 1cm-thick slices. Place in a bowl. Pour over boiling water and leave for five minutes. Drain well and pat dry.
- Place prosciutto or bacon on a baking paper-lined oven tray, overlapping slices. Cover with eggplant slices.
- Place lamb and pork mince in a bowl with tomato paste.
- Remove stones from olives and chop roughly. Add to mince with fresh herbs, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper and combine.
- Place mince mixture down the middle of the eggplant slices and pat into a log shape. Wrap eggplant and prosciutto around mince mixture. Place seam side down on a baking paper-lined oven tray.
- Bake at 180degC for 55 minutes to one hour. Cool. Slice and serve warm or cold with pesto or chutney.