Barbecue Brunch Stir-fry with Green Peppercorn Sauce
( SERVES 4 )
Use up your leftovers from the barbecue the night before in this hearty brunch meal.
green peppercorn sauce
- Peel kumara and potatoes and cut into 2cm pieces.
- Cook in boiling, salted water until just cooked. Drain well.
- Cut ham steaks into 3cm pieces. Peel onions and chop roughly.
- Heat butter in a large frying pan or heat a barbecue hot plate. Cook onion, tossing often until golden.
- Add kumara, potatoes and ham.
- Toss until cooked through. Place in a serving bowl and toss through parsley and green peppercorn sauce.
Green Peppercorn Sauce
- Drain peppercorns and place in a blender with lemon rind (2 tsp), honey, egg yolk, lemon juice (1 tsp), salt and pepper. Blend until combined.
- Slowly add oil and blend until a thick sauce consistency.