Tropical apple pan dowdy
The tropical fruit blend used in this recipe is found with the frozen berries in the supermarket or green grocer's freezer. Substitute with berries if unavailable.
|567 g||Canned sliced apple|
|1½ cups||Brown sugar|
|¼ tsp||Iodised salt|
|2 tsp||White vinegar|
|1 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
|500 g||Tropical fruit blend|
- Mix apple and tropical fruit blend together. Place in a 28cm square, deep, ovenproof dish.
- Place sugar, flour, salt, vinegar and water in a saucepan. Mix to combine using a whisk. Cook over a low heat, stirring often, until thick and glossy. Stir in lemon juice, vanilla and butter until butter melts.
- Pour over apple mixture and stir to combine. Drop topping dough around the edge of the dish.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 40 to 50 minutes or until golden.
- Serve warm with ice-cream, cream or yoghurt.