Lemon and almond slice
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in sugar and 2 egg yolks. Sift over flour and baking powder.
- Combine with 2 teaspoons lemon rind and egg yolk mixture.
- Press over the base of a 20 x 30cm sponge roll tin lined with baking paper.
- Spread lemon honey over base. Lightly beat 3 egg whites until frothy.
- Sift over icing sugar and slivered almonds. Stir to combine. Pour mixture over lemon honey.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 20 minutes.
- Turn down heat to 150 degC and bake a further 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares while still warm.