Beef Fillet with Sundried Tomato and Rocket Pesto
( SERVES 6 )
A quick pesto teamed with sundried tomatoes gives this beef fillet an Italian twist.
- Place beef fillet on a board. Cut a lengthwise pocket in the side of the fillet. Place sundried tomatoes in the pocket. Spread ½ cup of rocket pesto over sundried tomatoes. Press sides of fillet together and tie meat at intervals to secure filling.
- Bake at 200 degrees C for 30 minutes for medium rare or 35 minutes for medium. Cover and stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut meat into thick slices and serve with extra rocket pesto.
- Crush garlic, then peel and place in the bowl of a food processor with parsley, rocket, lemon juice and almonds. Process to combine.
- Slowly add enough oil to make a paste. Stir in salt and pepper.