Christmas plum trifle with almond toffee
- Break up fruit cake or pudding. Cover the base of a 12-cup-capacity serving bowl with cake mixture.
- Drain plums, reserving juice. Remove stones from plums. Chop plums roughly. Place plums and juice over pudding.
- Beat 1½ cups of measured cream until soft peaks form. Fold in custard.
- Cover plum mixture with custard mixture. Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat sugar and water in a saucepan until dissolved. Bring to the boil and simmer without stirring until golden.
- Add almonds and quickly pour on to a baking paper-covered oven tray. Allow to set.
- Break up almond toffee and chop roughly. Heat jam until runny. Beat remaining cream until soft peaks form.
- Spread cream over top. Swirl jam over cream and sprinkle over almond toffee.