Dried cranberry coconut pudding with white chocolate sauce
|1 cup||Coconut cream|
|1 tsp||Coconut essence|
|2 cups||Dried cranberries|
|1 cup||Desiccated coconut|
|¾ tsp||Baking soda|
White chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Cool. Beat in egg, coconut cream, coconut essence and sugar. Stir in cranberries and coconut. Sift flour and baking soda over mixture and combine well.
- Pour into six, well-greased, one-cup capacity ramekins. Place in a baking dish with enough warm water to come half way up the sides of the ramekins. Place foil over top of baking dish. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with white chocolate sauce.
- To make the sauce, break up chocolate and place in a saucepan with 1 1/2 cups of the milk. Heat until almost boiling. Beat remaining milk, custard powder and vanilla together. Add custard mixture to milk mixture, stirring all the time, over a medium heat, until custard boils and thickens. Cool.
- Beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold into custard mixture.