Roast vegetable salad with avocado and shallot dressing
15 fresh asparagus spears 250g fresh green beans 4 courgettes 6 peppers, red/orange/yellow 3 tablespoons avocado oil 1 teaspoon flaky salt Freshly ground black pepper 1 cup fresh or frozen peas 130g packet
|250 g||Green beans|
|3 Tbsp||Avocado oil|
|1 tsp||Flaky sea salt|
|1 to taste||Black pepper - ground|
|130 g||Salad greens|
|1 cup||Frozen peas|
To prepare Roast vegetable salad:
- Wash asparagus. Break off woody ends. Trim ends to neaten. Cut each spear in half. Wash and trim beans. Cut courgettes in half and then into quarters lengthways. Cut peppers in half, remove seeds, then cut peppers into quarters.
- Place vegetables in a roasting dish. Drizzle with avocado oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 200 degrees C for 30 minutes, turning often. Cool. Pour boiling water over peas.
- Leave for five minutes. Drain. Place salad greens on a serving platter with roasted vegetables and peas. Drizzle with avocado and shallot dressing.
To prepare Avocado and Shallot Dressing:
- Peel avocados and remove stones. Peel shallot and chop roughly. Crush garlic and peel.
- Place avocado, shallot and garlic in the bowl of a food processor with mustard, red wine vinegar, avocado oil, salt and pepper. Process until smooth.