Mustard and bacon beef with mushroom sauce
( SERVES 8 )
- Remove rind from bacon. Crush garlic, then peel and chop finely.
- Trim beef and spread with mustard. Scatter garlic over meat. Wrap bacon rashers around meat.
- Place meat in the centre of a preheated barbecue. Cook, covered, on medium heat, as preferred.
Rare: 14 minutes per 500g
Medium: 16 minutes per 500g
- Remove and stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with marsala mushroom sauce.
- Wipe mushrooms and slice finely. Crush garlic, then peel and chop finely.
- Heat butter in a saucepan. Add mushrooms, garlic, mustard and wine or sherry. Stir and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring often.