Peach sorbet with raspberry coulis and chocolate tuiles
Peaches plus sweltering temperatures call for peach sorbet. Omit the chocolate tuille to make this dessert dairy-free.
- To make the sorbet, peel the peaches, remove stones and chop flesh roughly. Place in a saucepan with sugar, water and lemon juice. Bring to the boil. Simmer for five minutes and then remove from the heat. Cool.
- Refrigerate until cold. Place in a food processor with egg white and process to a pulp. Pour into a freezer-proof container. Freeze until firm.
- Remove from freezer, break up and place back in the food processor. Process to combine and pour back into container. Refreeze until required.
- To make the coulis, place raspberries and sugar in a food processor and process to combine. Place fruit mixture in a sieve and press through juice. Discard pulp.
- To make the tuiles, preheat oven to 190C. Melt the butter. Cool. Beat egg whites and sugar until combined but not frothy. Sift flour and cocoa together and fold into egg whites with butter and vanilla.
- Place teaspoons of mixture on a baking paper-lined oven tray. Bake for six to eight minutes.
- Rest biscuits for 30 seconds then carefully lift from the tray and mould around a rolling pin to curl until firm.