Coconut custard and plum parfaits
( SERVES 4 )
- Heat 1 1/2 cups of coconut milk and sugar in a small saucepan. Mix custard powder, egg yolk and remaining 1/2 cup of coconut milk together.
- Stir into hot coconut milk. Stir continuously until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and add coconut essence. Cool.
- Wash plums and cut in half. Remove stones and chop flesh roughly.
- Place 2 tablespoons of plums in the base of four parfait dishes with scoops of ice cream on top. Place remaining plums pieces over ice cream.
- Pour coconut custard evenly over plums. Warm plum jam and drizzle over the tops.