Rolled Oats Biscuits
Kylie Adams says her family has been making these biscuits every week since they were published in New Zealand Woman's Weekly on February 9, 1970. The butter and flour-stained clipping is testament to a great family favourite. Get the kids involved!
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and ginger. Soften the butter until nearly melted, but still has form, ie very soft. microwave for about 25 seconds on 30% power.
- Place butter and sugar in a cake mixer and beat well for 5 minutes.
- Add in flour mix and rolled oats by hand.
- Dissolve baking soda in milk, then stir into mixture.
- Form into walnut-size pieces, place on a greased tray and press down with fork.
- Bake at 180degC for 15 minutes.