Blueberry Breakfast Muffins
( SERVES 12 )
These are hearty, filling muffins that will keep you going throughout the day!
|1 cup||Wholemeal flour|
|½ cup||Bran oats|
|3 tsp||Baking powder|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|2 Tbsp||Golden syrup|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
- Place wholemeal flour, oat bran, flour and baking powder in a large bowl and mix together well.
- Toss through blueberries and sugar. Beat oil, vanilla, 1¼ cups of buttermilk and egg together. Mix remaining buttermilk and golden syrup together.
- Stir in baking soda. Add egg mixture and golden syrup mixture to flour mixture and combine quickly without over-mixing.
- Three-quarter fill greased muffin pans. Sprinkle over Topping.
- Bake at 200 degrees C for 20 to 25 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly touched.
Topping:Combine pumpkin seeds, raw sugar and rolled oats.