Greek lamb and eggplant stacks
Stack slices of eggplant with delicious lamb mince cooked in tomatoes, then melt haloumi cheese on top. Yum.
- Peel onion and chop roughly. Crush garlic, peel and chop finely. Place onion, garlic and mince in a frying pan and cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until brown, turning often.
- Add marjoram, chopped parsley, tomato paste and salt to the pan, along with black pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Wash eggplant and cut into 2cm-thick slices. Cut peppers into quarters and discard seeds. Brush eggplant and peppers with oil and grill until just soft.
- Place slices of Halloumi cheese over the base of six, one-cup-capacity ramekins. Place an eggplant slice and a pepper piece over each. Place mince mixture on top to three-quarters fill each ramekin. Top with a slice of pepper and eggplant.
- Cover each ramekin with foil. Bake at 180 degrees C for 30 minutes. Stand for 10 minutes. Invert on to a serving plate and serve with fresh tomato sauce. Grill to brown the cheese, if wished.