180g packet frozen spinach 3 medium potatoes 2 onions 50g butter 1 teaspoon coriander seeds 1 teaspoon cumin seeds ½ teaspoon chilli powder 400g can chopped tomatoes ½ teaspoon iodised salt
- Thaw frozen spinach. Scrub medium potatoes and cut into 2cm pieces.
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until just tender. Peel. Chop onions very finely.
- Heat butter in a large saucepan. Add onions, coriander seeds and cumin seeds and chilli powder.
- Fry over a medium heat until golden. Add the potatoes, tomatoes, salt and fenugreek seeds.
- Cook over a medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes. Add spinach and grated ginger, then cook for a further 5 minutes.