Millefeuille apple pastries
3 large apples ¼ cup sugar ¾ cup water ¼ cup custard powder 3 puff pastry sheets Icing sugar for dusting ½ teaspoon ground cloves Cream for serving Peel apples, cut in half
- Peel apples, cut in half and remove cores.
- Chop apples roughly. Place in a saucepan with sugar and ¼ cup water.
- Simmer very gently until thick and pulpy. Mix remaining water and custard powder together. Stir into apple mixture until mixture is very thick. Cool.
- Place pastry sheets on an oven tray. Bake at 220 degrees C for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Place a second oven tray on top of pastry and cook for a further 5 minutes. Spread half of the apple mixture on to one pastry sheet. Place second pastry sheet on top of apple and spread with remaining apple. Top with final pastry sheet.
- Cut into six equal portions. Mix icing sugar and cloves together and sift over top of pastry. Serve with softly whipped cream.