Chicken and egg terrine
( SERVES 8 )
- Peel shallots and chop finely. Wash red pepper, cut in half and remove seeds. Chop pepper finely. Crush garlic, peel and chop roughly. Heat butter and cook shallots, pepper and garlic until soft.
- Peel kumara and chop roughly. Add to shallot mixture and cover with water. Bring to the boil and cook until kumara is soft. Drain.
- Mash vegetables roughly. Cool. Mix in chicken mince.
- Remove rind from bacon and chop two rashers roughly. Stir chopped bacon into mince mixture with one egg, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Line the base of a 23 x 11cm loaf tin with the remaining two rashers of bacon. Press half of the chicken mixture over the bacon. Shell 3 hard boiled eggs and place eggs on chicken. Cover with remaining chicken mixture.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 1 hour 15 minutes. Stand for 15 minutes before slicing or serve cold.