Banana and cinnamon caramels
( SERVES 4 )
Dessert in a flash! Perfect with a crisp biscuit or nutty biscotti, these are a real crowd pleaser and no-one will realise they are eating yoghurt.
- Melt butter in a pan, then add bananas, walnuts, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon sugar. Add orange zest and cook together for 1 minute.
- Divide mixture into 4 x 250ml ramekin dishes.
- Spoon yoghurt over each caramel, then sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar on top of each.
- Place dishes on a baking tray and put under a hot grill. Cook until sugar has melted.
- Serve straightaway with a biscuit of your choice.
- When grilling, stay with the process - it's no time to walk away. The heat does the work very quickly so watch with the oven door open, as cooking times will vary.
Goes well with