Banana and cinnamon caramels
Dessert in a flash! Perfect with a crisp biscuit or nutty biscotti, these are a real crowd pleaser and no-one will realise they are eating yoghurt.
- Melt butter in a pan, then add bananas, walnuts, cinnamon and 1 tablespoon sugar. Add orange zest and cook together for 1 minute.
- Divide mixture into 4 x 250ml ramekin dishes.
- Spoon yoghurt over each caramel, then sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar on top of each.
- Place dishes on a baking tray and put under a hot grill. Cook until sugar has melted.
- Serve straightaway with a biscuit of your choice.
- When grilling, stay with the process - it's no time to walk away. The heat does the work very quickly so watch with the oven door open, as cooking times will vary.
This dessert is perfect wtih something crunchy, such as: