Mandarin tea cakes with mandarin icing
180g butter ¾ cup sugar 2 tablespoons grated mandarin rind 3 eggs 1½ cups flour 1 teaspoon baking powder ½ cup mandarin rind Cream butter, sugar and mandarin rind together. Separate
- Cream butter, sugar and a half cup of mandarin rind together.
- Separate eggs. Add egg yolks to butter mixture and beat again.
- Sift flour and baking powder into mixture.
- Fold in with mandarin juice. Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold into cake mixture.
- Pour into eight greased muffin or small cake tins.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked. Cool and ice with mandarin icing.
- Decorate with two tablespoons of mandarin rind.
- Mix icing sugar and two tablspoons of mandarin juice to make a smooth icing.